Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 23 March 2014

Photography

Photography has always been something that has interested me. I studied it at college and absolutely loved the film side of it. There was just something so exciting about the whole process!

Developing your own film was of course highly nerve wracking - I mean if you did one little thing wrong then that's it, you've ruined the whole roll of film that you had just shot. It always filled me with dread turning those lights off and being plunged into absolute darkness whilst trying to blindly put everything where it was supposed to be. Luckily all of mine turned out well though - I think I would've had a minor meltdown if they hadn't!

The thing I loved most was being in the darkroom. It's one of the few things I actually miss from college. Just being able to experiment and manipulate the negatives to get all sorts of effects was exciting in itself and then seeing your photographs appear on the paper slowly before your eyes was fantastic. Trying to figure out which aperture would be best to use, how long to expose it for, which effect worked well with the subject, how to manipulate the image after it was dry and looking wonderful - I miss it all.

I find myself less inclined to use my Diana Mini because the results just aren't fantastic. It's just not the same when you can't print your own photographs - they end up looking lackluster and undefined. I would love to have my own darkroom. If I had my own house and the space this would definitely be something that I would invest in!

I can dream huh!


Pentax 35mm SLR
Pentax 35mm SLR

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment