Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday 17 October 2013

October

[1] TK Maxx Notebook   [2] Makeup   [3] A Game Of Thrones

I feel like I haven't relaxed for the past few weeks. It has been really good though, it's kept my mind preoccupied which is what I need as Winter rolls in. I just absolutely hate these months; the dark nights and the bitter weather just aren't enjoyable for me.

I know I go on about it tons but NaNoWriMo is just around the corner yet again. It was a really enjoyable (and slightly stressful) experience last year so I think I'll give it a go again. The whole experience helped me so much to be honest; I'm terrible with sticking to just one piece of writing. I often dabble in several pieces and lose track of them but NaNo forced me to focus on just one piece and the fact that it was a huge collection of people doing it was great. To be honest I haven't been in one of my writing moods in a while - I suppose it's because I've been on my laptop a lot less these past few months compared to before. I want to get back to writing by hand anyway, I'll be less tempted to edit as I go along then and to be honest it's just something I miss doing. From where I'm sat now I can see all of the notebooks that I filled as a teenager but if you go through the newer ones everything is so sporadic as I would just end up typing most of it straight into word. I'm learning to pace myself as well instead of rushing everything and just word vomiting everywhere; one of my biggest problems is time lapsing. 

Recently I've been delving into books a lot more, reading more than I had done in the past year combined. It's taken me a while but I've nearly finished 'A Game Of Thrones' as well; I have sixty pages left and after that I think I'm just going to concentrate on writing for a bit before getting into another book.

 [1] Gifts   [2] Inks - Harley Quinn   [3] Cuddles
[4] Cheesecake Trips   [5] Once Upon A Time   [6] Tow Trucks


I couldn't have asked for better friends this past month; they've been there for me a lot more than I could have hoped for. Seriously, these ladies even bought me little presents to cheer me up, their selflessness just amazes me - I don't know what I would do without them now. I was also taken to Once Upon A Time, a little cheese cake place in Laceby which I highly recommend to anyone with a sweet tooth. It was such a nice day just gorging on delicious food and then being a big kid again on seesaws, I hadn't laughed that much in a long time.


'All I can think is that it must be a kind of Rebellion,
To arm your fears like soldiers and slay them.'


In the evening three of us had decided to take a trip to Nocton to try and find the old abandoned hospital/asylum - why we thought that would be a good idea I have no idea. Just before we were about to give up and head home we took a turn that would lead to a residential home to the left and down a tiny road (if you could even call it that) to the right. So of course we went right, all the while I was terrified. Thick bushes surrounded us either side and there were absolute no lights at all except for my full beams to guide the way... and then we came to a large gate covered in signs. And then my car broke down. 

The timing was just terrible, absolutely terrible. As soon as the gate came into view my clutch flopped and juddered, my brake went and we rolled to a very slow stop as the car died. At this point I'm proud to say that I didn't just break down myself considering I'm not very good in stressful situations - nope, instead I just got angry, very angry. It went something along the lines of 'I FUCKING TOLD THEM SOMETHING WAS WRONG! I TOLD THEM! AND THEY SAID I WAS IMAGINING IT! THIS IS WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN, I FUCKING TOLD THEM.' Cue a panicked phone call to my sister asking what to do and then the most terrifying walk of my life. If that road was bad enough driving down it was even worse with just a tiny little torch and my phone torch. I have never gripped someone's hand so tight. This is why I don't watch horror films, I'm too paranoid for that kind of thing. Finally we came to the fork in the road and headed for the residential home just so that we could have some light at least and not have to worry about being alone. I tried ringing my breakdown cover twice at this point but it cut off mid-conversation both times - fun thing about Nocton, the signals terrible. Whilst I was having fun with that an elderly man was opening the locked door with a spoon for us... yep, a spoon. The careworkers face when she saw us and asked how we got in was a picture that's for sure. I couldn't get through on their phone either though so back onto the street it was. 

It was an adventure at least. Eventually the tow truck came - you could hear the thing coming a mile off, I bet the residents loved us! The guy was lovely though and skillfully managed to back the truck all the way down the tiny road to get to my car. I have a new clutch finally at least, it's just a shame I had to break down where I did. My car has never run so smoothly now. 

[1] Noah   [2] Mikel, Anna, Steven   [3] Anna

The following day Becki and I went to see The Airborne Toxic Event in Leeds. We queued at the wrong doors for almost an hour (thus leading to everyone else queuing at the wrong doors as well) but thankfully we were still right at the front. And when I say right at the front I mean I was actually leaning against the stage - which may I add was really handy considering we put our bags on it as well. The support act was The Drowning Men; they were pretty damn good and wonderfully hairy. TATE themselves were fantastic as always. Seriously the atmosphere was just brilliant and we had Noah in front of us for the entire gig which was beautiful... it was even better when he came to the edge of the stage and nearly knocked me out with his bass he got that close. I love seeing bands live, there is nothing better than that euphoric feeling. I managed to get tons of decent photographs and videos but none of Daren, unfortunately his drum kit was just too far back and the lighting wasn't good enough. Still, the vibe was absolutely fantastic. A little bit gutted that they didn't actually play more songs off of the new album, 'Bride and Groom' would've been a fun one but never mind, I'm sure there was a reason for that. Hopefully we won't have to wait another two years until they come back to the UK!

Oh and not to forget Jason Manford, he was absolutely fantastic also. I didn't know what to expect to be honest and I'm glad that I didn't watch any of his stand up before we went to see him. The tickets had originally been a gift to our parents but they weren't able to go in the end - we truly did feel guilty enjoying it so much!

Next it is Imagine Dragons and then Panic! At The Disco. The latter I've been waiting for since I was about fourteen years old.


'Deep within dwells the creature.'



Follow on Bloglovin